Our State Senator David Givens is a respected leader in Frankfort, dedicated to improving our communities in Allen, Barren, Green, Metcalfe, Monroe, and Simpson counties.
Since his election in 2009, Senator Givens has worked to bring new opportunities to our district. He promotes job creation by focusing on local control, cutting the red tape on our businesses, and strengthening the relationship between education and economy. Above all, Senator Givens is a fierce fighter for our conservative values and has promoted some of the strongest conservative legislation to pass through Frankfort in over 100 years. As President Pro Tempore of the Kentucky Senate, he has the authority to preside over the Senate and sign legislation as needed.
Senate Session Standing Committees: Health & Welfare, Rules, Committee on Committees, Agriculture, Education, and Appropriations & Revenue.
Combining his leadership role and committee assignments, Senator Givens is actively involved in agriculture issues and health and welfare concerns. He is also heavily involved in educational issues, which allows him the chance to promote workforce development and computer programming. Speaking of, Senator Givens is a big proponent of encouraging students and families to learn coding skills.
David Givens knows the critical role that agriculture plays in the economy and food security of Kentucky and the United States. With a strong background in the agriculture community, David is the primary stockholder and beef producer of the Green River Cattle Company. He is also a managing partner for Central Farmer's Supply. David holds a bachelor’s degree in Agriculture from Western Kentucky University, as well as a master’s degree in Communications.
Ag. Committees and Boards:
- Green River Cattle Company, Board Member.
- Agribusiness Association of Kentucky, Treasurer.
- Green County Ag Department Council, Founding Board Member.
- Green County Cattlemen's Association, Founding Director.
- Green County Area Technology Center, Business and Industry Representative/Craft Advisory Committee Member.
- Green County Extension Council, Member.
- Lake Cumberland Area Extension Council, Former Representative.
- Upward Basketball Ministry, Coach and Supporter.
- Elder/Sunday School Teacher, Ebenezer Presbyterian Church.
David grew up in Greensburg where he resides to this day. When he is not at the state Capitol, David can be found working the sales counter at his farm store. He enjoys farming and events involving his three children.